On Thu, 14 Oct 1999 21:40:04 -0700 in
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> "randyboy"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I've been trying to track down this issue for a while but I still don't
> know what is wrong.  Essentially, when I subscribe to majordomo mailing
> lists elsewhere, my masqueraded email address [EMAIL PROTECTED] isn't
> recognized.  If I send majordomo
>
>      'subscribe list-name'
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] is automatically subscribed.  If I explicity send
> majordomo
>
>      'subscribe list-name [EMAIL PROTECTED]'
>
> the response is that the request will be forwarded to the owner.  The
> response also tells me that the reason for the delay is either 1) the list
> subscription is closed or 2) the address I'm trying to subscribe is
> different from that of the ones in the header.
>
>   I've sent myself mail and check the headers.  Both From: and Reply-To: are
> set to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I don't see why the headers would be causing a
> problem.  On the other hand I've tried multiple majordomo lists and all of
> open subscriptions.
>
>   So what is causing this discrepancy between remote majordomo programs and
> what I'm seeing in my own headers?

Most likely majordomo is looking at the envelope sender (what is sent
in the SMTP "MAIL FROM" command).  It can be set with the appropriate
arguments to qmail-inject; I've written a little script that I use to
send messages to mailing lists with different local email addresses
which I'd be happy to send you.

Jim Lippard     [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.discord.org/
Unsolicited bulk email charge:    $500/message.   Don't send me any.
PGP Fingerprint:  0C1F FE18 D311 1792 5EA8  43C8 7AD2 B485 DE75 841C