Arnold, Josh A. writes:
 > Based on everything I've been able to gather, the ultimate solution consists
 > of multiple qmail servers accessing a NetApp filer via NFS.

Not completely obvious.  It might be more efficient to have a server
dedicated to a subset of the mailboxes, and for the smtp front-ends to
run a variant of qmail-qmqpc to queue the mail on the appropriate
machine based on the recipient.  I don't know -- I haven't yet had a
customer who needed that kind of solution who was starting from
scratch.  Most of them have found that sendmail simply isn't up to the
task of dealing with more than a few tens of thousands of mailboxes,
and want me to transition them to qmail.

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://russnelson.com