As it turns out, the Novell system running GroupWise 5.2 had crashed the
day before.  Apparently something was stuck in the queue.  By the time a
tech got to it, there were over 60,000 copies in the queue.

I suppose the problem was not really qmail related and did not belong on
the list.  I wasn't sure of that though, and was looking for confirmation
that qmail was not at fault.

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, zip wrote:
> Hi,
>   A Groupwise server (company123.com) that uses my qmail server
> (mail.zipcon.net) as a relay just sent 6000+ messages identical to the one
> included.  It appears to me that the Groupwise server is not properly
> handling verification that the bounced message has been delivered, or in
> this case, also bounced.  Either that, or the the rocketmail server is not
> properly bouncing the message.
[snip]