From: Reuben King [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 08, 1999 2:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Please help newbie with 2 questions

I have read the FAQ and studied individual setup guides but I am still
stumped on these two issues:

1)  I cannot get anything sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED] to
forward to account "reuben".. I have edited my /etc/aliases file and ran
"newaliases" to compile the /etc/aliases.cdb file, but no go.  I have
verified it is working, because I have another forward "azzy" which forwards
to "reuben" fine.  Here's the /etc/aliases file:
# Mail Aliases
bin: root
daemon: root
decode: root
dumper: root
games: root
ingres: root
mailer-daemon: root
manager: root
nobody: root
operator: root
postmaster: root
system: root
toor: root
uucp: root

root: reuben
webmaster: reuben
azzy: reuben

.. any ideas?

I read somewhere that qmail doesn't deliver to the root account, so I'll
need to forward it to another account.

2) Any outgoing mail to a server other than what is in the rcpthosts file
will get kicked back to me with an error.  I cannot possibly list every
conceivable host on the Internet!  Can I put a wildcard in there?  FWIW-- My
MX record on the DNS is still only set to pointing to my current email
server (gandalf -- an entirely different machine)..  I was going to wait
until I have tested this new qmail server out fully before making any
changes.  Could this be the problem?

Thanks in advance,
-Reuben King