On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 07:49:38PM -0700, Philip Gabbert wrote:

> I've noticed looking at my mail logs qmail-send run every 25 minutes. I was
> wanting to know is there a way to decrease that sleep time? 25 minutes is a
> rather long time especially is I'm trying to figure out the workings of
> qmail. When I send mail via the 'mail' cmd or using qmail-inject, it gets
> processed with the rest of the queue, and that can be upto 25minutes later!
>
> Is there a way to shrink that time?

As long as the permissions on your trigger aren't screwed up (and about every
three days someone posts a question here the answer to which is "the
permissions on your trigger are screwed up"), messages are processed as they're
queued. If yours are processed only every 25 minutes, make sure the permissions
on your trigger look like this:

su-2.03# ls -l /var/qmail/queue/lock/trigger
prw--w--w-  1 qmails  qmail  0 Nov 24 21:58 /var/qmail/queue/lock/trigger

Chris