Hello,
I'm having a problem installing qmail.  I have been using Life with
qmail as a guide.  I have everything installed and the 4 qmail daemons
are running along with a couple of supervise, multilogs, a svscan and a
tcpserver.
defaultdelivery is:
./Maildir/

I have done:
qmail-pw2u < /etc/passwd > /var/qmail/users/assign
qmail-newu
qmail cdb

cd /home/jennifer
su jennifer
maildirmake ./Maildir

Under aliases, I have the the following files and they all contain the
one word, jennifer:
.qmail-root
.qmail-postmaster
.qmail-mailer-daemon

So, I start qmail:
qmail start

and check /var/log/qmail/current
and I get a status line - no errors there.

So I try to send an empty message to the user jennifer:
echo to: jennifer | /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject

There is no mail in /home/jennifer/Maildir/new
and
tail /var/log/qmail/current
gives:

longnumberhere info msg 442894: bytes 1913 from <#@[]> qp 5516 uid 501