Hrmm, that's a fairly lengthy response my qmail compatriot.  Recently I have
seen a lot of these "get me off the list" or "help me because I say so" kind
of messages and quite frankly my fuse ran out so I felt it necessary to say
something perhaps to make myself feel better :) Forgive me, but you must
admit it is becoming a problem!

Julian

> >When someone makes a snide, demeaning, or insulting comment, does it
truly
> >make them feel better?  Does it better the situation?
>
> Rarely.  But, just as you took it upon yourself to tell others, who were
> complaining about the guy posting off-topic material to the list, that
> *they* were misbehaving, *they* were telling *him* that *he* was
misbehaving.

> Yes, some of them were too "rude".  But he (and others) can delete and
> ignore such mail just as easily as they're expected to do so for mail
> from people asking "how can I get off this list".
>
> In a large meeting-room full of earnest people, quietly discussing issues
> they consider quite important, it would be considered *very* rude if
> someone started repeatedly yelling "I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO OPERATE
THESE