Quoting Monte Mitzelfelt ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> It looks like Hotmail may be cutting off messages that exceed their size
> limit, by issuing a 500 error in the middle of the DATA session.  This
> doesn't seem right to me, but qmail doesn't seem to see it.  This backs up
> my clients outbound queue, not too bad, but worse that I'd like.
>
> It does issue a SIZE if you say EHLO to it.  Are there any patches for
> SIZE? What's the right answer here.

Did you sniff the connection to determine it was sending an error
code?

I haven't done that myself, but have noticed multiple large emails
piling up over the last 3 days.  One is 2802525 bytes, after 20
minutes of trying to send the thing to hotmail, this shows up in the
log:

deferral: Connected_to_216.33.151.135_but_connection_died._(#4.4.2)/

I would think that if a 500 code were sent, then qmail would see it
and the email would be deferred.  All queued messages are over 2Mb.
Looks like anything larger than that is causing hotmail to choke.
That's what it looks like, anyway.

Aaron