I don't see anything wrong with offering to fix someone's problem for a
reasonable fee, especially if it is something that is beyond the scope of the
normal questions/problems that the list is here to answer.

IMHO, it's not the list's job to do peoples' work for them.  We're here to
provide technical information and support for people who are having
legitimate problems (and hopefully have done their homework before asking).

--Adam