From: Dustin Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 1999 5:33 PM
To: Christopher Seawood
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Question about UCE and also AMAVIS (EICAR ATTACHED)

Okay, I've applied the patch to Amavis indicated on one of those posts, and
replaced my qmail-local and qmail-remote binaries with symlinks to the
scanmails binary, as the post dictated.

Still, however -- the EICAR.COM virus goes right through.  I'm attaching the
EICAR.COM virus to this post (it's 69 bytes) to see if it sets any other
alarms off.  That's a good way to tell who's using it. :)

For those not familiar with EICAR, it's a TEST for virusscanners.  It
doesn't actually DO anything, it isn't really a VIRUS, and it WON'T hurt
you.

Although, it does crash Windows Millennium quite handily.

  _____

Dustin Miller, President
WebFusionDevelopmentIncorporated