From: Bruno Wolff III [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 13, 1999 3:54 PM
To: Russell Nelson
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Oops, someone tried to send you a virus

On Fri, Dec 10, 1999 at 01:55:19PM -0500,
  Russell Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Matthew Brown writes:
>  > Actually, in this case, it was a completely automated system.  I don't
>  > believe malice here.
>
> Yes, and it did the right thing in this case -- to send email to all
> likely receipients of the email, since they got a virus that might
> cause them a problem.

I disagree. The email should have just been sent to the local recipient
and the (envelope) sender and not all of the other recipients. Think about
how
this would scale if the servers for each person on the list were using the
same system as the two that sent warnings to this list about the message.