Hi!

Did you stop all the sendmail stuff. In Suse 6.3 you'll have to set
START_SMTP=No in rc.config. And you'll have to edit inetd.conf. Otherwise
sendmail sits on your smtp port.

> After executing startup commands, the only process showing up
> after 'ps
> x' is the supervise process, and executing 'echo to: mpayson |
> /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject' has no apparent effect.
Did you check /var/log/mail?

> Attempting to send
> a message with Netscape says "server replied 'Null'".
This message is normally displayed, if you are not allowed to establish a
smtp connection. It might be caused by your tcpserver-configuration.

> Any suggestions on how to proceed with my troubleshooting?
>
> Thanks!
> Mike

CU
Holger