On 99.12.27 Brian Grossman pressed the following keys:

> Once you get to a high volume of incoming mail, your first bottleneck will
> likely be the disk hosting /var/qmail/queue.

If Linux is the preferred system for this cluster, than you can take a look
at reiserfs: one of journaling filesystems that are being developped for
Linux. It took more load from my friends SQUID and INN than changing disks
with spool area for them to the fastest SCSI.

Robert

--
We are not what we remember of ourselves, we are what people
say we are. They project upon us their convictions. We are nothing