At 23:43 28/12/99 +0100, bert hubert wrote:

>             Rule  of thumb for large sites: Put your 50 most com-
>             monly used domains into rcpthosts, and the rest  into
>             morercpthosts.

ah, but does it matter? I have nearly 900 in my rcpthosts file and I'm not
noticing anything in particular. I'm doing a constant stream of mail, but
never more than one stream at anyone time really... performance is fine.

I don't *really* know which domains are the busiest. To work that out I
would have to do something like get all the domains from the qmail logs,
use qmail-analog to weight them, sort the list of domains, and then split
them appropriately.

Currently I have a script that just generates the rcpthosts file from the
virtualdomains file, and that is generated out of a simple script that just
prints out a mysql table contents.

Ranking everything would be a bit OTT IMHO.

So, should I be worried? Does it matter? When does it matter?

cheers

peter

--
peter at gradwell dot com; online @ http://www.gradwell.com/