Hi.

We are using qmail to deploy mails for several thousands of mailing list.
Each of these lists has between 1 and 12000 users.

We create the messages in an application and we set the "to"-field to the
mailing list name, "from" to the name of the author of the mail. "reply-to"
is being set to the name of the mailing list.

e.g. From:     Martin Renner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Now we have the problem that some replies of our users are going to
"m.renner", some others go to "mailinglist". Is it possible that some email
clients ignore the value of "reply-to" and that they always send to the
"from"-address?

Another problem is, that the original author of the email (m.renner) is
getting all the error mails from qmail ("failure notice", "This is the
qmail-send program [...] could not deliver to the following 200
addresses..."). We want that qmail (and all the other MTAs which qmail is
contacting) will send their error messages to
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]". How can we achieve this? Setting the
"return-path" (as described in RFC822) is not working, because qmail (?) is
replacing the "return-path" with the value from the "from"-address.

Martin

tiscon AG
Infosystems
Martin Renner