Hi All,

> The host receiveing your message isn't looking up in DNS for that MX
record
> because it's config say's it's allowed to handle the message itself.
> Configuring the domain in /var/qmail/control/smtproutes might help, but
then
> if the other two servers go down the messages will just sit in the local
> hosts queue until they expire or one of the hosts come up.
>
> Also are you aware that a lower number for an MX record means a higher
> preference.

Even if qmail is configured to handle mail for a domain (through rcpthosts)
it should do the lookup on the MX for that domain right?

I've had situations where we are the second priority mail server for a
domain , and sending mail from our mail server to their domain doesn't go to
their server but to the local machine because we have that domain in
rcpthosts. Once i've taken the domain out of rcpthosts file it goes to the
first priority mail server not a problem.

This seems to be intimittent, so i must be missing something here.

Anyone?

Regards,

Marc-Adrian Napoli
Connect Infobahn Australia