I've seen someone post a question like this but didnt get a decent answer.

I am looking into hosting a mailservice that will handle around 1-3
million SMTP transactions per day. What kind of hardware do I need to
manage that?

I also wonder if there could be a change of the queue dir so it could
be shared, as then any of the mailservers in the mailcluster can take
the queued file and send it, and not only the one that recived it in
the first place.

Please advice
 Michael Boman

--
W I Z O F F I C E . C O M   P T E   L T D  -  Your Online Wizard
16 Tannery Lane, Crystal Time Building, #06-00, Singapore 347778