At 2000.01.24 20:58, Monday, you wrote:
>On 24/01 19:28, Andras Tudos - Computronic, C3 wrote:
>
> > I have an operational theory question: when the load in a qmail setup
> > not occur in a sendmail or other MTA based system.
>
>What operating system?  Are you using Maildir or mailbox?

Solaris 2.6 and Maildir.

But I think the answer was given already: the problem is the flat
queue/todo folder and the solution is the big-todo patch. Of course the
most important is to have enough I/O to be able to deliver without filling
up the queue: the disk subsystem was the real bottleneck, which is being
upgraded now.

Andras