On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Andras Tudos - Computronic, C3 wrote:

> At 2000.01.24 20:58, Monday, you wrote:
> >On 24/01 19:28, Andras Tudos - Computronic, C3 wrote:
> >
> > > I have an operational theory question: when the load in a qmail setup
> > > [...snip...]
> > > not occur in a sendmail or other MTA based system.
> >
> >What operating system?  Are you using Maildir or mailbox?
>
> Solaris 2.6 and Maildir.
>
> But I think the answer was given already: the problem is the flat
> queue/todo folder and the solution is the big-todo patch. Of course
> the most important is to have enough I/O to be able to deliver without
> filling up the queue: the disk subsystem was the real bottleneck,
> which is being upgraded now.
If you use online disk-suite to create a logging file-system you will find
the write-performance of Maildir will increase significantly as
directory write operations no-longer become synchronous. This will speedup
local delivery under high loads.

 RjL
You know that. I know that. But when  ||  Austin, Texas
you talk to a monkey you have to      ||  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
grunt and wave your arms          -ck ||