HI!

First of all qmail is great and very flexible!

I use it with ldap-patch to automate e-mail users from a
big db System where employes are registerd with their attributes.
( So the whole system is steered by the program which runs over the
database ) The employe-attr (qmailUser) is injected in the ldap base and
automat. updated.

All works great, but there are few questions where i found no answers:

When a user connects with an MUA ( Outlook for example ) and he sends a
mail
over the smtp connection ( no local inject ) i also want to set qmail to
authenticate
the smtp connection against the information given in the ldap database
and then
relay the mail from this connection for further delivery ( I want then
ALL recipient adresses to be relayed !!! -> how do i set the rcpthosts
file in control to accept mails for all recipients ?( Only if the smtp
connection was authenticated before )).

General: Is it possible to make qmail work in the following manner:

( I suggest that smtp authentication is possible )

MUA ( no local inject ) to MTA
The smtp server signals that he needs authentication ( I saw settings in
the
Outlook Client so i suggest that this is possible )-> User authenticates
->
auth ok -> set qmail to relay the incoming mail and no check against
rcpthosts
-> all mail messages are delivered -> or bounced if they could not get
delivered

MTA to MTA
qmail accepts connections and also signals that he needs authentication.
the remote MTA says that there is no authentication available -> qmail
procced with getting only mails for the domains in virtualhosts and
local listed.

The idea behind is that it should be possible to allow all employes to
send to all domains int the internet, messages , but only allow mails to
be deliverd from outside which are for the domains in locals ...

Any hints?? ( I get qmail to work with ldap but for this questions i
found no answer on the qmail site, but maybe i haven't read it carefully
enough )

Thanx Thomas