[ Added qmail-ldap list ]

> From:  "Chris Garrigues" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date:  Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:46:03 -0600
>
> > From:  Juan Calderon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date:  Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:29:10 -0500
> >
> > hi guys. just a question.
> >
> > i've applied qmail-ldap-1.03-20000701.patch and it's working fine. i
> > also have pop3 and imap working (courier-imap 1.2.1). Now i need to use
> > SMTP AUTH so i can deal with roaming users.
> > i've applied qmail-smtpd-auth-0.26, but i can't get it work. docs say
> > that i need checkpassword and cmd5checkpw, but they don't user ldap.
> > how can i make it work?  does anybody has something like this?
> >
> > thanks in advance
>
> Funny, I asked almost exactly the same question on the 26th...
>
> I installed it last night and my netscape users complained this morning, so I
> backed it out until I could test it properly.
>
> Keep me apprised about anything you find and I'll do the same for you.

Well, I've figured out at least part of my problem although I don't know what
to do about it.

>From QLDAPNEWS:

 Created a new auth tool for pop3 and imap. The old checkpassword is not
 needed anymore. The new programs are auth_pop and auth_imap.
 To have the possibility to compare cleartextpasswords (password how are
 stored clear text in ldap) define CLEARTEXTPASSWORD. Because this setting
 is a security disaster it is normally off. All other modes (hashed MD4, MD5,
 SHA and the standard DES crypt) are not affected.

I checked the date on my checkpassword executable and lo and behold, it dates
from April 21, well before I started working with LDAP.

So...what do I use instead of checkpassword?

I tried both auth_pop and auth_imap and in both cases, I get an out of memory
error written into the log (I have smtpd logging patches applied as well.)

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.

PGP signature