On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 12:25:01PM -0600, Ronny Haryanto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just wondering if
>
>       MAIL FROM: <>
>
> in SMTP session is valid or not? From what I understand is that qmail

Yes it's valid, it's actually even the required sender of a bounce.

> uses that to send bounce messages. However some sites (particulary
> ones using IMail v5) rejects that sender saying "501 bogus mail from".

They suck.

> I don't care if the sender doesn't receive the bounce back, heck I
> tried to send bounce message but they rejects it. It's just annoying,
> especially if this is valid, not bogus.

It is valid, and required, to prevent bounces bouncing :)

> I have contacted a rep from IMail, but no response. Here's the
> website: http://www.ipswitch.com/products/IMail_Server/index.asp

It's ipswitch. It ends with .asp. I'm not touching that with a forty-foot
pole (no don't start a holy war on me now :)

Greetz, Peter.
--
Peter van Dijk - student/sysadmin/ircoper/madly in love/pretending coder