Stephen Mills <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Well ive installed about 8 servers with selective relaying with
>tcpserver and they all work fine, but this one isnt, Ive went through
>everything I know and still can't resolve it...

Post details and maybe we'll spot something you missed.

>I might just upgrade and trust (argh) redhats upgrade tool....

I'd be *very* surprised if an OS upgrade fixed your relaying problem.

Sure thing Dave. Here is my details :

[root@proxy /]# cat /etc/tcp.smtp
203.17.254.:allow, RELAYCLIENT=""
192.168.1.:allow, RELAYCLIENT=""
127.:allow, RELAYCLIENT=""
:allow

[root@proxy /]# cat /etc/passwd | grep qmaild
qmaild:!!:558:557::/var/qmail:/bin/bash

[root@proxy /]# cat /etc/rc.d/rc.local | grep tcpserver
tcpserver -x/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u558 -g557 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd
&

[root@proxy control]# ps ax | grep tcpserver
  546  ?  S    0:13 tcpserver -x/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u558 -g557 0 smtp
/var/qmail/

[root@proxy /]# cat /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts1 | grep lan1.com.au
lan1.com.au
exchange.lan1.com.au
proxy.lan1.com.au

Ive telneted to my mail server from a 203.17.254.* address :

220 How may I help you ? ESMTP
MAIL
250 ok
rcpt from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
250 ok
rcpt to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

As you can see, its totally just not letting specified hosts to relay...

Ive totally out-resourced myself on this one :-)
We hacked qmail-smtpd to enable only a given number of rcpt's to relay, but
I recompiled qmail-smtpd from source and it didnt make a difference.....

--Stephen