Quoting Marek Narkiewicz ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> Would it be possible to lmit the number of spawns that tcpserver can
> make from one ip address concurrently to preven one ip spawning up
> to the limit of concurrent daemons and denying access to that
> daemon? I can't think of a way to do it from what i've read of the
> docs but it seems like quite a useful feature so i was wondering if
> there was a patch or a plan to add that functionality?  If not can
> someone give me a few pointers on what would be involved in such a
> modification so I can have a go myselgf?  cheers

You might try IPLimit: http://www.jedi.claranet.fr

I used it successfully against those broken, PITA,
bare-linefeed-sending MS mail servers.

A Gotcha that got me:

IPLimit's docs mention putting its data file into /var/run.  If your
particular *nix (esp linux distributions such as debian, which we run)
removes files in /var/run on bootup, make sure to touch it and chmod
so that it's writable by the userid tcpserver switches to, because
it doesn't create the file itself.  Alternatively, hack the code to
put it elsewhere or open the file for writing.

Aaron