>On Sat, Feb 12, 2000 at 02:50:49AM -0500, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
>> Is there any way to have deferrals redirect to another system?  Basically
>> I have a machine that I need to do a large amount of outgoing mail and
I'd
>> like to keep deferrals away from the queue.
>
>If the deferrals should be redirected, it would pass the queue anyhow!
>
>if you mean that you would like to change the address
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>then put "deferrals.example.com" in QMAILHOME/control/bouncehost
>
>Or did you refer to anything else?

    I read the question as "If the first attempt fails, transfer this
message to another machine so that the resources of the main machine will
not be used up by the set of deferrals that will sit there for a week before
bouncing.  Have the second machine spend a week attempting delivery while
the main machine continually buzzes through new mail."

    That would be very useful with a sendmail machine.  I think the mail
load would have to be pretty high for it to pay off with a qmail machine.

    -- Greg