I used snoop on Solaris to capture the packets on port 25... The first
exchange seems fine, I see a DATA command, qmail says "354 go ahead". Then
there's a packet whose data ends with \r\n from the client, empty response
from server, then there's a packet with this in it:

Immediately following this packet is the 451 See blah blah... response from
the server.

Does this seem right? Does that packet need to end with \r\n? Should the
\r\n in the middle of the line not be followed with more information? It
doesn't seem like it should matter (especially since we're in the DATA part,
and smtp shouldn't be taking commands...)

-ben