Hi,

On 08-Mar-2000 Kristina wrote:

> I am a little unclear on a few things regarding setting up a
> mail quota for users.
>
> I understand a mail quota is set  at
> /control/databytes but how do I set the number? In KB
> or MB?  I want to set it at 5MB.

no, the control/databytes defines the maximum lenght for a message received by
SMTP. this value is in bytes.

real user-quotas should be done at delivery level... or at file-system level.

> Can I set a unique mail quotas for different users?

you can define a diferent DATABYTES env. var. for diferent instances of
qmail-smtpd (for various interfaces, etc)

> By default, does qmail send a return mail to the sender?
> I would like a return mail telling the sender the user is
> above their limit.  Do I require any patches for this?

by default, when you exceed DATABYTES qmail will return an error during the
SMTP conversation.

> I have read about the mailquotacheck patch and it says on
> the www.qmail.org page that it is "clearly only effective on a userless mail
> hub"?
> Why is that?

it's a box that don't have users (no control/locals). This box receives the
mail and forwards it to another server.

> Thankyou,
> Kristina

regards,