At 03:08 00/03/08 +0000, you wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> On 08-Mar-2000 Kristina wrote:
> >
> > Thankyou for your responses. I was confused on mail quota for users
> > and max. message size. Sorry!
> >
> > I am interested in mail quota for users.  I was told there are two levels:
> > delivery level and file-system level. I would like delivery level.
> >
> > How can I set delivery level mail quota for each user?
> >

> it depends on the delivery agent you picked :)
> there are some in /var/qmail/boot (read the INSTALL file)
>
> if you're delivering to $HOME/Mailbox or /var/spool/mail/$USER you could p
ipe
> the message through a simple program that checks the size/quota and acts
> acordingly. (I don't know where you can find such a program, anyone?)
>
> anyway, to do this kind of quota enforcing i would choose the standard
> "file-system quotas" and apply this:
>
> http://www.qmail.org/qmail-1.03-quotas-1.1.patch
>
> good luck,
> ratao

Thanks. I have taken a look at http://www.qmail.org/qmail-1.03-quotas-1.1.pa
tch
and it says the following :

"The virgin code as distributed by DJB treats this as a 'temporary
error on maildir' and leaves the message in the queue for later
delivery retries.  The modified code treats it as a permanent error
and immediately returns the message to the sender."

What is it referring to when it says "The virgin code as distributed by DJB "?

Does it mean that by default when a users maildir gets over the system-quota
any mail sent to the user is retried over a certain number of days and then
sent
back as return mail while the above patch makes qmail to send a return email
immediately?

Currently I am using Maildir.

Thanks Kristina