I've had no response at all to my original message, and am still stuck.

My next plan is to uninstall all trace of qmail and reinstall it, but that
seems more like a thing to do with Microsoft OSes than a piece of UNIX
software.

Any really unlikely suggestions I should look at before I do this?

TIA

IanC

This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or
otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal
rules. If you have received it by mistake please let us know
by reply and then delete it from your system; you should not
copy the message or disclose its contents to anyone.