Hi,

I have just installed qmail on Redhat 6.1. I installed qmail-smtp to run
under tcpserver. when I try to make a connection to the Qmail smtp server,
The server does not seem to respond.

When i telnet the qmail server at the port 25, I do not get any typical
SMTP greeting or server ready prompt like I used to get under Sendmail.

How do I solve this problem?

I do not have DNS running. Is this causing a problem? I normally use my
ISp's DNS as I connect to the Net only occassionally and the local machines
of our local network are on the hosts  file. What are the other aleternatives?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Raju