anindya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       Here is my setup: qmail-1.0.3, vpopmail 3.4.11, and ezmlm-idx.
> Everything works great in our testing. All I need to do now is
> to change over my old mailserver to use the qmail box as a
> mailhub or smarthost. On the old mailserver, with sendmail,
> I used to be able to set up a genericstable so that
> the Outgoing From: address:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] would get re-written as [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> How do I go about doing this with qmail? Esp since I will
> be sending this mail unaltered from the old mailserver to
> the new qmail host (in the mailhub setup, your client
> doesnt touch the headers, its all up to the mailhub right?)

Actually, the MTA should only have to add Recieved: headers and shouldn't
munge anything else.  It's a sendmail-ism to rewrite tons of headers during
message transfer.

The proper place to set the From: header and envelope sender is in the User's
MUA.  qmail makes it very easy for those users to do so, by setting a few
environment variables or by supplying arguments to qmail-inject.

If you have to do this in the MTA, you could set up an @fixme virtual domain
which has a .qmail file which calls the appropriate header-rewriting
commands (such as djb's msg822 package) and re-injects.  Then just set
RELAYCLIENT to "@fixme" in your rules file for qmail-smtpd.

> Second issue is that I block spammers by using the RBL
> feature, as well as maintaining a blacklist of IPs,
> domain names and email addresses. Like so:
[...]
> How do I do get this functionality with qmail?

Check out 'rblsmtpd', included in the ucspi-tcp package by qmail's author,
djb.  There's a page describing it at:
http://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp/rblsmtpd.html

Charles
Charles Cazabon         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>