>BMarts is fairly evil.  They insert whatever sender address the sender
>specifies in the SMTP envelope of the mail.  They do nothing to verify
>that it is a valid address.  This means that bounces (and they create lots
>of those) come to the local postmaster.  (this is all past experience)

Aw, come on.  That makes them approximately as evil as every single
copy of Eudora, Pegasus, Netscape, Outlook Express, PC Pine, and other
POP mail clients, all of which let you configure any old unverified
sender address(es) you want.  I certainly agree that online greeting
cards can be treacly, but they're no worse than any other
over-the-transom e-mail.

>They also don't read/respond to complaints sent to postmaster.  It is too
>bad, they could easily fix the bounce problem.

That hasn't been my experience.  They've bent over backward to try to
be responsible, were the first (and as far as I know the only)
greeting card site to put trace info in the message header including
the IP address that made the card.  They don't let you send a card to
multiple addresses, unlike many other sites, and will on request block
all outgoing mail to your domain.

Regards,
John Levine, [EMAIL PROTECTED], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Finger for PGP key, f'print = 3A 5B D0 3F D9 A0 6A A4  2D AC 1E 9E A6 36 A3 47

Claimer: I was their expert witness in a suit against Microsoft, so I've
actually talked to the people involved.