> I'm using ReiserFS (which, BTW, is working very well). My
> mailsystem receives 70'000 mails a day and the throughput
> is just about twice that. Average mails sent per second
> varies around 70-170 mails.

It's interesting that you're using ReiserFS.  Are you doing
that for /var/qmail/queue?

At what rate are you able to inject messages into the queue
without causing serialization of qmail-send?

> I wonder if qmail understands that I'm running a quad-
> processor system, as it doesn't seem to deliver messages
> faster when the queue builds up. When I run single-threaded
> programs which use 100% of one processor, qmail will not
> deliver mail!

Are you implying that it's qmail's job to manage what processes
get scheduled for time on which CPU instead of the OS?

John