Hello,

I'm trying to migrate from Windows 98 to Linux. Now I'm using my
computer mainly for email, so a good email implementation is vital
to my system. I've read the Mail-HOWTO and it recommends
people to use qmail instead of sendmail. I've successfully
downloaded and compiled qmail, but so far I haven't been able to
configure it right.

The first problem arises when I have to tell qmail my FQDN. I
connect to the Internet through my ISP, which assigns me a
different dynamic IP address every time. My hostname is precious,
so what should my FQDN be?

I played aroung with different FQDN values and found that
[EMAIL PROTECTED] seems to work. But when I try to
send an email locally, I get different error messages saying
something about one of qmail's daemons not being able to chdir to
the mail directory. I've created mailboxes for root and my username
with the utility included with qmail. Do I have to change the
directory permissions?

I've read all the qmail docs I could find, and so far they seem to be
oriented to big systems. Should I use qmail? My laptop is not
connected to a network, and it only has one user. Has anyone
successfully configured qmail for this particular kind of system?
Any tips, suggestions or pointers would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

--
Jeremías Galletti
[EMAIL PROTECTED]