[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Thanks for the info (and also to S. P. Hoeke, who replied privately),
>but I've already signed up for rgrjr.com from Hiway Technologies
>(http://www.hiway.com/), based on a recommendation from a friend.  I
>still haven't figured out how to get it to forward mail to me in a way
>that doesn't lose the envelope address, though, so I answered based on
>my current working-but-suboptimal configuration.

What is the "it" that's forwarding mail to you? Hiway? If so, there
probably *is* no way to preserve the envelope address unless they're
particularly saavy.

If you use a dynamic DNS service, your e-mail can come directly to
your box with the envelope addresses you specify.

E.g., I have sill.org registered and handled by an ISP. They give me N
addresses that I can redirect anywhere I want. That's great, as far as
it goes, but it doesn't let me take advantage of qmail's extension
addresses or manage my local namespace beyond the N addresses they
allow. That's why I use dyndns.org to register sill.dyndns.org
directly to *my* qmail system. I have complete control over the
*@sill.dynsdns.org namespace and I can use all the extension addresses
I want.

-Dave