Hi,

although I'm almost expect my problem not having to do with qmail at all
it happens to me while I try to start qmail only.
Maybe you can give me a hint whats wrong.

Whenever I try to start qmail via /var/qmail/rc qmail doesn't seem to
start.
/var/qmail/rc is a copy from /var/qmail/boot/home

Using the "nohup" command in the rc-script as LWQ tells I get the
following output in nohup.out:
/usr/bin/nice: exec: No such file or directory

# bash --version
bash --version
GNU bash, version 2.03.0(1)-release (i386-suse-linux)

# sh --version
GNU bash, version 2.03.0(1)-release (i386-suse-linux)

I compiled qmail via
make
make setup check
./config-fast wotan.arc