fadli syarid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i make virtualdomains in /var/qmail/control and then add syarid.com:fadli.
> i add syarid.com to rcpthosts. and then i restart qmail

With that setup, messages to ``[EMAIL PROTECTED]'' will be delivered
locally to ``[EMAIL PROTECTED]''. This is explained in the manpage
for qmail-send(8).

If ``fadli'' is your user name, then the delivery is controlled by the
file .qmail-fadli if it exists, or by .qmail-default if it doesn't.

If ``fadli'' is not a valid user name, then delivery is controlled by
either ~alias/.qmail-fadli-default or ~alias/.qmail-fadli-fadli.

This is all explained in the manpage dot-qmail(5).

> i trying to send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and get error message like this
> Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)

You haven't created one of .qmail-fadli or .qmail-default, so there
really is no such mailbox. Create one of those files. Presumably, you
want both .qmail-fadli and .qmail-fadli-default so that you can use
address extensions like [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Note, though, that you can't use other addresses @syarid.com, unless you
create .qmail-default. If you also want to use [EMAIL PROTECTED] as
an address, then you should have used a different prepend in virtualdomains,
such as ``fadli-syarid''.

> i expect i can use [EMAIL PROTECTED] for my email adress

You need one more thing to use that email address: you need an MX record.
How does everyone know where to send mail for syarid.com? They don't,
unless the DNS has an MX record stating that mail for syarid.com is
handled by your machine. Your ISP can set up an MX record for you for a
charge.

Hope this helps,
Len.

--
The moment you run that, a local attacker can take over your machine.
Isn't security fun?