Matt Soffen wrote:
> Greg Owen wrote:
> >     It means that Solaris ships without a C compiler, so you can't
> > compile anything.
> >
> >     To fix it, either purchase Sun's compiler, or download
> > a precompiled version of GCC for Solaris.
>
> Nope.. Even that won't be a 100 % (so I found).
>
> You may need to modify :
>       conf-cc and conf-ld to point to gcc instead of cc

        Correct.  You also need to avoid /usr/ucblib like the plague, and
other niceties.

        There's a Solaris FAQ somewhere that gives the rundown on all the
stupid things Sun did on Solaris from a development point of view - the
compiler, the tools, the libs.  The original poster, if interested in
compiling anything under Solaris, should track that down (anyone remember
which FAQ that is?) and read it carefully.

        I apologize; I was being unduly terse in my first message ;>.

--
        gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]