Ian Shaughnessy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> All I know is when I checked my mail this morning it was all there,
> but when I checked it this afternoon it wasnt.  Quite confusing...

Granted. At least, then, tell us what mail client you use, what email
address your mail is delivered to, and send us a copy of the relevant
.qmail file. If you use POP or IMAP, then tell us what server you get
your mail from, so we can see if it's running known buggy software.

Mysteries remain mysteries for lack of data.

> ...and like I said, the log files provided no help what so ever.
> They all just read like "blah blah mail message delivered successfuly"

That's because qmail does not delete directories, period. Well, maybe
``doesn't'' isn't the right word; it ``can't'' delete directories,
period. Just look at the qmail source, with ``grep rmdir *'' and see for
yourself.

The moral: qmail IS NOT deleting your Maildir/cur directory. Folks
here already know that for sure, so your subject line is being ignored
(and might get you flamed if you keep saying it). Folks _might_ be
willing to help you figure out what's actually happening, though. Give
all the helpful information you can.

Len.

--
Frugal Tip #27: