Actually I had stated which mua's i used, Pine, and occasionally
Netscape Messenger.  The reason why I am suspicious of messenger is
because it was the last mua i used prior to my directory being cleared.
However, messenger is configured to leave messages on the server, and
only delete remote messages if the message is deleted locally.
Messenger still has my database of email, and when I last used it before
my cur directory disappeared I had just downloaded my latest 3 or
messages.  While I am suspicious of messenger for that reason... kind of
like with qmail, messenger does not do that when it's told not to (well,
its not supposed to).  Either way its an error, either in qmail or
messenger, and I am trying to determine which.  I doubt pine, as I use
pine everyday and I only seem to see this problem when I use messenger
(which, like i said before, is only occasionally).  Anyways, here is
some more specific information:

netscape messenger 4.51
Pine 4.04-1  (patched for Maildir)
qmail 1.03

Contents of .qmail file:
./Maildir/

email address:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

When I use messenger, it's POP, and it's  (obviously) mail.binxdsign.com

guess I was incorrect in saying the directory was deleted; every file in
it was.  Qmail can do this im sure, as can messenger, pine, any other
mua.  Like i said before, there is a bug somewhere here, and whether its
in qmail or one of my mua's im not sure, but any help you could provide
would be very helpful.

Any ideas?

// Ian Shaughnessy
// [EMAIL PROTECTED]