Chris Johnson, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 04:26:15PM +0200, MiGhi wrote:
>>
>> DO NOT TRY INSTALLING QMAIL ON MANDRAKE
>
> Why not?
>
>> I tried and tried to install QMAIL 1.03 on Mandrake7.0 with NO SUCCESS!
>> Something seems to work wrong on Mandrake, and qmail gives CNAME LOOKUP
>> FAILURE.
>>
>> I tried to reinstall the OS + qmail 5 times!
>> The log said CNAME LOOKUP FAILURE every time!
>>
>> I tried to apply the DNS patch
>> The log said CNAME LOOKUP FAILURE every time!
>>
>> I tried to change the router configuration:
>> The log said CNAME LOOKUP FAILURE every time!
>>
>> I installed latest bind:
>> The log said CNAME LOOKUP FAILURE every time!
>>
>> I installed RedHat:
>> everything is working fine.
>>

>> Has someone got an idea about this?
>> Has someone got the same problem?
>
> Fix your DNS problems. Whatever those problems are, they're off-topic for this
> list.
>
> Chris

I have been working for 2 weeks trying to solve this problem.

I fixed my DNS problem (applied a patch, and installed latest bind) and I
finished to think the problem is Mandrake7, because qmail didn't run.

I only wanted to know why.
I know this fact is strange, but is real: qmail 1.03 does not work with
Mandrake7.

Regards,

Miguel Beccari