No I am not using the auth_imap authentication module yet because
I can't even get courier-imap to work using default authentication.
Although, my ultimate goal is to use the auth_imap module I can't
get courier-imap working with /etc/passwd.

Any help appreciated as to why I am getting  "connection closed" as
soon enter the correct username an password!

Has anyone got courier-imap running correctly on Solaris 7?
Do I need to configure anything after compilation?

Thanks,
Kristina