hi folks,

I've installed qMail for my office server and it runs fine - delivers mails and all that jazz. However, I'm getting only external mails out, and internal mails to users' mailboxes seem to die. Using /var/qmail/bin/makemaildir, I created a Maildir for myself in my home dir /home/isaiah. Mails do go there, but when I try to check my emails using POP3, nothing comes in.

I've got this line in my /etc/inetd.conf

pop-3   stream  tcp     nowait  qmaild  /usr/sbin/tcpd  /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d

Is that correct? Or should I use

pop-3   stream  tcp     nowait  qmaild  /usr/sbin/tcpd  /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup mail.mydomainname.com /bin/checkpasswd pwd

The fist one gives me the error

The server responded with an error. Account: 'mail.twc-sg.com', Server: 'mail.twc-sg.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR this user has no $HOME/Maildir', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

while the second one doesn't authenticate me at all and throws me out with a bad authentication message even though the password is correct.

Can anyone help? Everyone in the office is throwing bricks at me now for missing their emails...

Thanks!

Best regards,

Isaiah Chua
Official Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]