Steve Wolfe writes:
 >      The problem isn't MUA's.  The problem is that users were duped into
 > executing a program of a malicious intent.

Ah, but in most cases it was the MUA. If the MUA is the 'right' (wrong?)
version of Outlook, then the virus activates on reading or previewing
the virus. The user does not have to open the attachment at all.
Indeed, in quite a few of the cases we've seen the attachment has
been corrupted and fails to work even if opened, but the HTML script
is still 'live' and capable of infecting.

Alex

Alex Shipp
Imagineer
MessageLabs www.messagelabs.net
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
T: 44 1285 884496

MessageLabs Virus Control Centre. For further information visit
http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp