Peter van Dijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Mon, 08 May 2000:
> This code only converts A-Z to a-z, all else is left alone.

Right, thanks for the answer. :-)

> Yeah well since it doesn't support LOCALE 'n stuff, it can't now which
> characters are special in your country.

Indeed, though it doesn't say one way or another about local support.
I guess the reasonable assumption in that case is that it doesn't,
but...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Mon, 08 May 2000:
> Correct. Uppercase LETTERS (my emphasis :>). The typical preciseness of these
> manpages suggests to me that if it says letters, then that's all it means,
> no more, no less...and a quick squizz at the source confirms this.

Ahh, hmm.  But ä, ö and å *are* letters in the Finnish alphabet, so by
that logic it should convert them?  My point is that the man page is
*not* precise in this instance (it doesn't specify only English
letters), although it is possible that elsewhere it's stated that qmail
does not have locale support.

Maybe you think of this as obvious, if you live in an English speaking
country, but it doesn't strike me as such, living in a non-English
speaking country.

> Oh, and you'd need a *lot* more than two qmail files if it didn't do
> this. What if someone sent to extensions like Mikko, mIkko, miKko, etc?

Yes, of course.  I'd prefer to have only one, but I can live with
needing two. :-)

Thanks for the answers, again.
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /