James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> In one of the steps on "Life With Qmail" it suggests this:
>
> "Allow the local host to inject mail via SMTP:
> echo '127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""' >>/etc/tcp.smtp
> /usr/local/sbin/qmail cdb"
>
> The first line (starting with echo) worked.. but the second line (starting
> with /usr) gave me an error when I entered it.  Does this need to be one
> long line instead of two?

You can also edit /etc/tcp.smtp with any text editor.
It should have one line looking like this:

127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""

Then you can compile it using this command:

tcprules /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb /etc/tcp.smtp.tmp < /etc/tcp.smtp

I can't look at ``Life With Qmail'' at the moment, there are some
network problems between qmail.org and here.

--
Manfred