My system: RH 6.1, dedicated connection.

As per the qmail memphis rpm readme file...

"3) Make sure the command `hostname -f' returns the fully qualified
   domainname of your machine.  An alias (CNAME) will not do."

When i type this command in my server it simply displays
hostname as "ns" and not the fqdn.
There is an entry in /etc/hosts as:
64.66.10.180 ns ns.domain.com

And the etc/HOSTNAME is ns.domain.com

Can i go ahead with the installation of qmail with this setup or
should i make any changes to the hostname ?
Will there be any problem if i force the fqdn by the command
hostname -F /etc/HOSTNAME
Thanks in advance for any help

ksamy
PPPshar- Internet for your LAN with one Internet account
netMailshar -Email for every desktop with one 'Net account.
MailAssistant - Speaking Email Notifier
GetAgain - resume interrupted downloads.
 ___ ___ ___   Internet software "Made in India"
| _ \ _ \ _ \  Visit http://www.pppindia.com/
|  _/  _/  _/  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
|_| |_| |_|    Phone:91-44-4831145,4848328. ICQ 33184480