I've been mulling through various how-to's and qmail help pages.. but I
still don't quite understand what rcpthosts is about.

If I am wrong, correct me.  rcpthosts is where you place the domain
addresses of the people you want to allow relaying.  If this is correct,
then I understand that part.

But.. what controls the ability for anyone to send me an email at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]?  How does joe-blow send me an email??  How does relaying
and receiving mail relate to each other?  All I want is to get mail from
anyone, but not have anyone use my server as a relay.  If anyone is
sending me an email, I get this error:

"reason: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts
(#5.7.1)"

Of course, I have read up on the FAQ's and all this tells me is that I am
not allowing that domain ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) to use my server as a
relay, right?  But I don't care, at this point, that he can't use my
server as a relay.. all I want is to get his mail.

I don't want him to use my server as a relay, but I do want to get his
mail in my Mailbox.  How come I can't get his mail?

James