Hello All,

I tried to find an explaination for this error message, but could
not. I would like to know if I did something wrong, or left out a
step. Please advise -Thanks much in advance!

My problem: Qmail was already set up and I  added another domain
[p.jt.com] MANUALLYto the rcpthosts file and p.jt.com:judy to the
virtualdomains file. the local "real" host is jt.bl.com. the domain
web site p.jt.com is available.

I sent myself a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] from another account [this
one I am currently writing from] and got this error message back:

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host,
it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)

The only way I successfully sent user judy [actually a .qmail-judy
alias in the /home/p directory] a message was to send to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  [ie. use the user-alias combination on the real
host name]

my questions are:
1. how do I get qmail to acknowledge the p.jt.com I put in the
rcpthosts and virtualdomains files?
2. how do I get it to respond to the alias alone without the user
tagged on before it?
3. is there some command to automatically enter the new user that I
should have used instead of manually editing the 2 files.
4. if by manually editing the files, how to i return them to their
previous state? [i did try to cp the older rcpthost~ back onto the
rcpthosts file.

Again, I'm sorry for sounding like such a newbie, but I need to get
these emails up and running soon and I was getting a bit confused by
all the howto's online...

thanks again,
judy simon

--