hi,

    i'm quite a newcomer to email administration, and I'm attempting to
set up qmail to server both IMAP and POP clients. For POP i'm using the
qmail's pop3d (ruinning just fine) , and I'm installing Courier to
handle IMAP clients. Are there any problems in :

    a - having one vdomain handled with imap and other with pop [vdomain
granularity] (I'm using one UID per vdomain).

    b - having one user with IMAP and another with POP, despite of the
vdomain it belongs to.

    c - having users that sometimes connect with POP and sometimes with
IMAP.

    My question is regarding to whether it'll mess up the users'
mailboxes (and/or my server) or not. I'm not interested in setting up a
POP-allowed-users list and IMAP-allowed-users list and bounce the users
that tries the wrong protocol.

    Mainly my goal is to (a) continue serving my POP/dial-up customers
and set up a Webmail front end that speaks IMAP. But I don't want to
have a separate mailserver for IMAP. And if using both IMAP and POP on
the same mailbox doesn't mess things up,. I'd like to allow my  POP
customers to be able to use the webmail interfase to read their mail (as
long as they didn't download it!).

    hope at least one of my options is trouble free :)

    thanks in advance....

martin